Sunday, September 27, 2015

Tray Table Typhoid

In the travel section of my local paper, a reporter reviewed some kind of travel wipes to use when you fly. The wipes were antibacterial and could be used on surfaces and on yourself. One of the areas mentioned in the article for cleaning when traveling is the all-purpose tray table. I never really thought about how nasty a tray table can be on a flight. I've never been on a flight and actually pulled my table down and found that it was covered in filth. However, looks can be deceiving. Do those tables actually get cleaned between flights? I bet they don't. And, let's face it, some people are nasty. They go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands, they touch all kinds of stuff (and people) during the day, they put their fingers in their mouths (and other places). It's a gross world out there. No, you can't protect yourself from every parasite, but cleaning the table you eat and drink on during a flight is one small way to try and keep the germs at bay. The next time I fly, I'm definitely getting out some wipes or hand sanitizer and giving my tray table a good wipe down before I enjoy my complimentary beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment