Saturday, September 26, 2015

Creepy Kids

I saw the movie Goodnight, Mommy (comma added) recently. When the movie started, there were three people in the theater. By the time it ended, I was the only one still there. I don't know why the other two folks walked out. (They each left at different times during the movie.) I can't remember when the first guy bailed, but the second guy beat it during a scene where twins start to torture their mother (or is she REALLY their mother?). Horror movies that show kids doing awful things are often hard for people to take and often end up being stupid as a result. Remember Sinister? Killer gangs of kids terrorizing the inhabitants of a house (with the help of some creepy dude in a mask)? What about Pet Cemetery with the murdered toddler coming back from the grave to kill? Not good. Goodnight, Mommy had an interesting premise, but ultimately failed to deliver at the end. It's also long and drawn out. I stayed until the end, not because the movie was good, but because I wanted to find out what the deal was. I think it's better to leave the killing and torture to adults in horror movies. Having children commit heinous acts like these seems like a recipe for disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment