Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Stop the Nonsense, Kentucky Kim Davis!

Once again, Kentucky Kim Davis is refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay (and also now heterosexual) couples complaining that it's against her religious beliefs. I don't know why I expected her to do the right thing after the Supreme Court refused to hear her case. She defied the Court's ruling initially, so why even take your case to them? Whatever. This woman needs to be removed from office. If it takes a special election to do it, then so be it. You were elected to do a job, so do it. If you can't (or won't) perform the duties of that job, then step down so someone who can and will do the job can step in and take care of business. It annoys me to no end that this woman and I share the same name, but that's what happens when you have a common name as I do (although I believe Kentucky Kim has Davis as a married name with her, what, third or fourth husband?). The stupidity of some people just astounds me. I'm also annoyed with people who just say gay couples should go to another county to get marriage licenses. Those couples shouldn't have to do to that. They're entitled to receive the same services at Kim Davis's office as they would receive at any other Kentucky office that issues marriage licenses. The law is the law everywhere and Kim Davis needs to stop with the nonsense! Do your job, lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment