Monday, September 14, 2015

Land Rover=Bad Driver

Some dude in a Land Rover tried to take me out on the way home from work today. He just veered over into my lane and almost hit me. Thankfully, I was quick on the horn and he jumped back into his own lane. You would think that someone driving an expensive vehicle like a Land Rover would do a better job of driving safely, but maybe he felt like his luxury vehicle entitled him to own the road. Or maybe he just wasn't paying attention. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I hate driving now. I used to be okay with it. I'm from Detroit and driving was a way of life for me. But after living in New York and being without a car for a few years, I grew to enjoy NOT driving. I really need to get another day job that enables me to catch public transit to and from work so I don't have to schlep out to the suburbs on a weekly basis. It's tiring. Say what you will about public transit. It can be annoying (well, other people can make it annoying), but at least you can sit and read and not worry about someone in a Land Rover trying to mow you down after a hard day at the office.

I keep seeing commercials with the actor Adam Scott. I don't know what it is about that guy, but I don't like his face. He has the face of a former frat boy and looks like the kind of guy who'd call you a bitch if you didn't bow down before him. (Adam Scott could be a totally wonderful person who exhibits none of the douchebag qualities I've described here, but I'm going with my gut until I have proof otherwise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment