Friday, September 11, 2015

Good News (For a Change)

I've been in a bit of a tizzy all week because I had to have some medical tests done and I was worried they wouldn't turn out favorably but, thankfully, they did and everything seems to be okay. Between worrying about that and everything else going on (I'm looking at you, Kentucky Kim) I've been more than a little stressed this week. I am glad that I'm not on Twitter and/or Facebook now with all of this Kim Davis nonsense in the news. Some poor woman named Kim Davis on Twitter has been bombarded with messages from people who have her confused with Kentucky Kim. This is why I'm glad I'm not on Twitter right now. I was on Twitter for exactly three days a few years ago and I hated it. I didn't have a handle under my name because, of course, it wasn't available. I just found Twitter weird and frenetic, so I bailed on it. Every few months, I think I should start an account again, but I keep talking myself out of it. As for Facebook, I ditched that many years ago and have never looked back. Keeping this blog up is about all I can handle right now on top of my day job, my writing, and life in general. It's hard to maintain multiple social media platforms and I'm not twenty years old. I don't want to be on my phone or on the computer during every waking hour just so I can post online.

My message for other weary Kim Davises out there is to hang on. Hopefully, the stench of Kentucky Kim will dissipate and we can all go back to breathing clean air again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment