Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Disgusting!

As I read through the many reactions from Hollywood actors and politicians alike who cavorted with Harvey Weinstein, I have to laugh at some of them: Disgusted! Appalled! Shocked! Really? I have to believe the majority of the people in and out of the industry knew this guy was a dirt bag, yet they looked the other way and kept quiet about his awful behavior because they wanted money and/or fame from him. I read tonight that his wife is leaving him. So, what, she didn't know what her husband was up to? She had no clue her husband was such a perv? I find that hard to believe. And the Obamas let Malia intern for this guy? Crazy (although I highly doubt he tried any stuff with her). Men like Weinstein and Roger Ailes and, hell, even the current POTUS Donny T. (ugh) are cut from the same bad cloth. Fat, ugly, obnoxious guys with a lot of power and a lot of money who treat women like objects and shit on people because they're garbage themselves. I'm just so tired of people making excuses for bad behavior. If you see something, say something. As a woman, I understand how hard it can be for women to come forward and bring harassment allegations to light, but the behavior will continue unless it's called out and dealt with. If someone harassed me, I'd want to stop that harasser not just from harassing me, but from going after someone else.

In other news, I blogged a while back when only one football player was "taking a knee" on the field and I disagreed with it then. My feeling then was that the player should put his money where his mouth is and do something to help resolve the racial injustice in this country like donate some cash to the ACLU or the Southern Poverty Law Center or any number of organizations that fight for social justice. Taking a knee on the field isn't going to help pay anyone's legal fees when that person is arrested on a bogus charge and can't bail out. Now that more NFL players are kneeling on the field, my feelings haven't changed. I'd rather see the players out in the community making a difference and using their vast wealth to help those less fortunate than themselves. But, in the end, I really don't care what they do. I won't work myself into a froth over athletes kneeling at sports events and I don't intend to lose any sleep over it. It's a free country (for now anyway). If you choose not to stand during the national anthem, that's your right.

No comments:

Post a Comment