Sunday, October 1, 2017

Stephen King's It

I saw the new version of Stephen King's It recently and largely enjoyed it although, as a fan of clowns, I thought the film could have used more scenes with Pennywise. However, I realize the story isn't really about Pennywise, but about the children so it's understandable that the clown wouldn't dominate the film. A lot of the special effects in the film were quite good.

Watching the bullies in the film reminded me of the awful bullies from my own middle school years. One in particular, a girl, was so awful that she bullied another girl in school to the point that the girl lashed out and slashed her across the forehead with a knife. You would think this would stop the bully from exhibiting bullying behavior in the future, but it didn't. She was the same awful person she was before she got cut only with a huge scar across her forehead. She still walked around threatening other kids and telling them she and her gang of thug brothers and sisters would give anyone a beat down. I heard many years later that this bully ended up losing her son and some other family members in a terrible car accident. Now I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but I can't say I was surprised to hear the news given that this person was so terrible to others during her younger years. Clearly, some of that terribleness came back on her as an adult. I'd like to think that the bully reformed herself as an adult, but I'm doubtful.


No comments:

Post a Comment