Wednesday, October 4, 2017

I Don't Get It

Sometimes, I'm baffled by people's love for stuff I dislike such as pickles (ugh), Game of Thrones (watched the first episode and never went back), singer Kurt Elling (his voice is no bueno for me--sorry, Kurt), the TV show Friends (saw one episode--the one with Brad Pitt--and never wanted to see it again), Downton Abbey (watched the first season and didn't go back for more). We're all different people, I know, but I'm still amazed when large swaths of people love something or someone that I don't. Are my tastes that out of sync with the rest of society? Possibly. I fully realize I have weird eating habits. I hate condiments. Yes, I said it. I hate condiments. No mustard, mayo, ketchup, Miracle Whip, special sauce, relish, whatever. Ugh. I have to get a plain cheeseburger from McDonald's or some Chicken McNuggets like a child. (I do like BBQ sauce so there's that.) I have always disliked condiments. My family ate (and still eats) these things that I found (and still find) gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment