Saturday, June 17, 2017

Silencing the Noise

It's hard these days to get away from the constant drumbeat of bad news. Everything now is "breaking" news or something to drive the general public into a frenzy. Try as I might to tune this noise out, it's hard to do. I also find myself checking various websites throughout the day and watching the news (local and cable) to find out what Donny T. and the Funky Bunch have been up to. But I've got to work harder to break those bad habits. For every minute that I waste on Politico or MSNBC is a minute I could be using doing something constructive like writing, reading, or taking a freaking walk. Silencing the noise of the media can and needs to be done from time to time. I'm not advocating for a total media blackout, just a decrease in the amount of "breaking news" that's spoon fed to the public daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment