Monday, June 5, 2017

Environmental Discrimination

As a former Michigander, I keep up with news from the mitten state. I read today about some Gennesse country jerk who blamed Flint's water crisis on black folks who don't pay their water bills. So, if you're behind on your water bill, that gives the government the right to poison your water? Huh? I read the Gennesse idiot handed in his resignation after his comments were made public and not a moment too soon either. Ugh. I guarantee you, if this same issue had come up in a community that wasn't (A) largely black and (B) largely poor, this wouldn't have happened. There wouldn't be contaminated water flowing through city pipes. You know it and I know it. When people are in poor minority communities, they're taken advantage of in relation to environmental issues. These communities don't have the power or the money to fight having waste treatment plants in their cities. Environmental discrimination is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment