Friday, June 9, 2017

CYAIP

Like, apparently, 20 million others, I watched the Comey testimony yesterday. Even though the testimony was largely made up of different people asking the same questions in slightly different ways, I still found it compelling. John McCain's final questioning session really took the cake. I wondered if the guy stroked out before or during his time because he was so incoherent. Maybe it's time for him to take a seat. But back to Comey. Whenever I read or hear people who question why he starting chronicling his meetings with Donny T., I have to assume these people are naive about the way the work world works. Anyone who has had a poor work relationship with a manager and/or coworker(s) needs to chronicle everything. This is called CYAIP: cover your ass in paper. Everything has to be documented when you're dealing with workplace drama. Trust me, I know. The whole thing may still come down to your word versus someone else's, but the more documentation you have to prove your case, the better off you'll be. It's just the smart thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment