Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Weezer (and Some Other Stuff)

I've been listening to Weezer lately (old Weezer, not the newer stuff). When Weezer was having hit records in the 90s, I wasn't really into them. They seemed like a white frat guy kind of band. "Dude, put on some the Sweater Song while I get the keg ready!" However, I've come to like and appreciate their music from the 90s and I'm certainly not a white frat guy. My stereotyping of the band wasn't fair and I, of all people, shouldn't be stereotyping anyone.

In other news, I've also been watching a lot of the Seth Meyers "A Closer Look" segments from his late night show via You Tube. He's great. I'm late coming to the Seth Meyers party, but now that I'm here, I'm ready to put on some Weezer and get the keg going. I've also been watching some clips from his shows that feature his family. They're quite funny also. Meyers, in my opinion, is really providing some good commentary on the current political situation in a non-annoying way. I can't even watch Colbert anymore and I used to be a huge fan. I just don't care for his late night show and his whole shtick. I had stopped watching The Colbert Report also before it went off the air because I'd just had enough, but I was willing to give his CBS show a chance. I've seen some funny clips, but overall it's no bueno. (Sorry, Stephen!)

And last, but not least, I've picked up another clown. (It's also a music box.)


No comments:

Post a Comment