Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Boz Scaggs/Michael McDonald

I went to see Boz Scaggs and Michael McDonald in concert last night at Ravinia Park in Highland Park, IL last night and the show was good. I thought Boz did a better job than MM, but both guys put on a good show. Boz performed many of his hits (Jojo, Look What You've Done to Me, Lowdown) and some tunes I wasn't familiar with. (My only complaint was that he didn't perform Miss Sun, one of my favorite Boz Scaggs songs, but that's okay.) Michael McDonald did a lot of new stuff, some good, some just okay, and a few oldies also (Sweet Freedom, Minute by Minute, What a Fool Believes). His voice was not great on all of the tunes, particularly some of the oldies, but I commend him and Boz for getting out and touring at their age.

Ravinia is a great place to see an outside show (weather permitting) and the weather was great last night for the concert. Of the few shows I've seen there, I've been fortunate to have good weather while I sat on the lawn. My pictures from the show came out poorly, so I'm not posting any. I've posted a nice photo of the trees from the lawn instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment