Monday, August 22, 2016

Not Ashamed!

When I watched the first season of Mr. Robot recently, the main character hacked his blonde friend's boyfriend, found out what kind of music the guy liked (Josh Groban, Maroon 5), and basically turned his nose up at the guy because of it. That attitude, to me, is so typical of a lot of folks. They judge people based on the kind of music they like or the food they eat or where they went to school. I admit, I've done it also, but in my older age, I'm making an effort not to do that. Also, to write someone off because of his or her musical taste is ridiculous. I like a wide variety of music including Josh Groban and Maroon 5. (Hey, I was listening to Groban's "Awake" CD on my way to work this morning.) I like what I like and I refuse to be ashamed. If some music snob looked at my downloaded music, that person would probably be horrified, but I don't care. You've gotta do you and if you like Josh Groban or freaking Milli Vanilli, then admit it, hold your head up, and be proud. Don't let the haters bring you down when they turn their noses up because you're not into Frank Ocean or Wilco or some other performer who gets a lot of media attention for being the hot new thing. Hey, I like Barry Manilow. Ugh, you say? I don't care. Your Manilow hate won't stop me from listening to "I Write the Songs" or "Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again."

No comments:

Post a Comment