Monday, August 8, 2016

Car-less and Lights Out

My car is in the shop after my sister backed into a concrete parking lot pole and caused a malfunction in the backup sensor. Now the thing won't stop beeping as soon as the car is put in reverse. I was hoping the repairs would be a one-day job, but no, an additional day (and I hope only one day) is needed, so I'm without a car. It's a good thing I'm taking a few vacation days from my day job. At least I live in a place where I can get around without a car, so it's okay. Since I can't go far, maybe I can actually get some writing done while I'm off. (I am working on something new, but the progress is slow!) My sister will be ponying up the cash for this repair since she caused it. (Sigh.)

In other news, I saw the horror movie Lights Out today and enjoyed it. In Lights Out, one of the characters hears something in her closet that sounds like someone scratching on the floor or the walls. Now why, then, would she go and look into that dark closet? If I hear something that sounds like scratching in my closet, I'm not going in for a closer look. I am proud to say I only screamed once during Lights Out. (Yes, I am known to give a little scream during a jump cut in a horror movie.)  I like a good scary movie with an actual plot, not just some film where a crazy guy is on a killing rampage. Lights Out was the latest in a series of movies I've seen lately that focus on women (mothers) who have mental problems such as The Babadook, the Conjuring movies, and Mama, just to name a fewAre crazy mothers the new Freddy Kruger/Jason/Leatherface/Insert Killer's Name Here? I certainly hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment