Sunday, August 14, 2016

Hairy Situation

I stopped going to my local hairdresser more than a month ago. After my last appointment (that, ironically, wasn't with my normal stylist but with another stylist at the place), I never rescheduled a follow-up appointment. This didn't happen on purpose. I actually just forgot but when I thought about it later, I figured the lack of a follow-up appointment gave me the perfect opportunity to bail entirely. (I did get my hair cut by my old New York stylist while I was there last month.) I'd been thinking about dumping my local hairdresser for some time now for a variety of reasons, but I didn't pull the trigger and do it because I didn't have a back-up plan. I have worn my hair short for many years and that means I have to get it cut on bi-weekly basis, so I wanted to have a new stylist in place before I dumped my old one. That hasn't happened and now my hair is getting shaggy and I need to decide what my next step will be. One thing I won't be doing is going back to my old stylist. She was okay, but lately I'd found myself growing more and more frustrated with her for a variety of reasons. She recently had a baby and her work schedule changed. Okay. Fine. I could have dealt with that if the scheduling was the only issue she and I had, but it wasn't. I had other issues with her. I felt like she didn't clean her instruments between clients as well as I would have liked. I also felt like she wasn't listening to me when I told her about problems I've been having with my hair (i.e. a really dry scalp). So, I'm being my own stylist at the moment. At least I know my combs and brushes are clean and being used on my head only. Plus I feel like I'm doing a better job of dealing with my dry scalp problems than my stylist did and it's not costing me more than $50 every two weeks either. I still need to figure out what I'm going to do about having my hair cut because that's something I really don't trust myself to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment