Thursday, August 25, 2016

Not Good Enough

Every day there's a plethora of articles on the internet criticizing what people eat, what they drink, what they like, how they spend their vacation, what they read, etc. I read an article today about how lousy popular ciders are. According to the writer, ciders like Angry Orchard aren't "real" ciders because they're made with Fuji apples and their too sweet and fizzy, blah, blah, blah. As someone who doesn't drink beer, I enjoy having a cider and I'm a big fan of Angry Orchard's green apple flavor. I like the way it tastes, it's affordable, and I can usually find it at my local grocery store. But, according to the snobby d-bag who wrote the article, my cider choice is a poor one and not worthy to be classified as a cider. What I drink is on par with a mere soft drink, not a tasteful alcoholic beverage. Whatever. I like what I like and the haters can go pound sand for all I care. I'm so tired of people whose sole job in life is to tell others what they're doing wrong. You're eating the wrong foods. You shouldn't wear that when you're over forty. You should get this many hours of sleep a night. You shouldn't say this to your child. With so many of us doing the "wrong" things, it's a wonder we can even function or leave the house or go to the freaking bathroom without keeling over. And, speaking of bathrooms, I read an article on Gawker before it shut down where the writer talked about why he chose to pee sitting down rather than standing up. He said sitting rather than standing made him feel a sense of solidarity with women. Really? Okay. Maybe he couldn't come up with anything else to write about that day so he went with the urination story. Also, TMI. But I digress. The point is that there will always be people out there throwing shade your way because they don't like something about you (the way you look, where you live, how you live, etc.), but you have to do you and try to block that noise out. That doesn't mean everyone's advice is not helpful. Sometimes people are truly trying to help when they tell you something like, "You need to change those pants and that shirt." I'm just saying all advice isn't good advice and some people just criticize because they enjoy trying to bring somebody else down. Hey, shade throwers, try some self-reflection! Take a look in the mirror and deal with your own issues before trying to tell me how to deal with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment