Saturday, August 3, 2013

Royal Pains...Is Painful to Watch!

I caught up on this week's episode of Royal Pains this morning and suffered through an hour of that show only to discover that Boris (aka the lovely, lovely Campbell Scott) wasn't even featured.  Boris is the only reason I watch this mess.  (According to the preview for next week's show, he will appear.)  Royal Pains has never been a great show, but it's downright awful now.  It's like one giant commercial.  When Evan's wife showed off the panel in her Toyota that allows you to charge your cell phone without plugging it in, I knew Toyota must be sponsoring the show.  (And, lo and behold, I saw an actual commercial during the show that featured the actors who play Evan and his wife Paige.)  Is this what it's come to now?  Shows centered around products?  White Collar did the same thing with the Ford Taurus, but I'm willing to cut them some slack because (A) I like White Collar and (B) my father is a Ford retiree.  (Yes, I'm a hypocrite.)  But back to Royal Pains.  Why does the new guy, Jeremiah, look almost exactly like Hank and Evan?  I can see Hank and Even resembling each other because they're brothers on the show, but to bring on another doctor who looks like their third brother (or at least a close cousin) is ridiculous.  Who is casting this show?  They couldn't find an actor out there who didn't look almost exactly like the two main stars? 

When is White Collar coming back?  Although that show is getting a little long in the tooth also.  I think maybe it's time to hang it up a la Burn Notice.  Maybe this season should be Neal Caffery's last.  I'm sure Matt Bomer would like to move on and do different things as would Tim DeKay.

No comments:

Post a Comment