Friday, August 23, 2013

Tori Amos

I've been listening to a lot of Tori Amos lately. Why, I don't know.  Maybe I'm yearning for Kate Bush...as an American.  (Really, if you like Kate Bush you should like Tori Amos also, right?)  Tori just kind of fell off the radar like so many talented artists do.  She's still making music, but it's just not the kind of music that gets a lot of press these days.  Whenever I listen to Tori, I think about a speed dating event I went to years ago in Philadelphia.  One of my speed dating suitors confessed that he loved Tori Amos and this pinged my gaydar hard.  (He pinged my gaydar hard, too, but the Tori Amos thing kind of sealed the deal.  He was a real fanboy.)  He was sweet and I think he was surprised that I'd even heard of Tori Amos.  I have diverse musical tastes that I'm quite proud of!  I remember talking with one of my gay male co-workers about the Tori Amos guy I met and he agreed with my assessment that the guy was probably gay.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think maybe he was wasting his time (and everyone else's) at a heterosexual speed dating event.  He did, however, have excellent taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment