Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Finish

So, as this Friday night rolls to an end, I have a few observations.

1. Trader Joe's:  I stopped at Trader Joe's on Court Street (aka Hungry Hipster Hangout) after work and the line was ridiculous.  I realize it's the first of the month, but I started to wonder if food was being given away since it was so crowded.  (It wasn't.)  I saw a woman give her kid a Luna bar to eat in the store.  Isn't that stealing?  If you eat food you haven't paid for yet, isn't that theft?  (Now I firmly believe that woman was going to get in the long line and eventually pay for that Luna bar, but still, theft is theft.  Feed your kid at home, lady!)

2.  Lockout: When I got home from Trader Joe's, I found myself locked out of my apartment along with several other apartment residents.  The front door of my apartment building has had a broken lock for most of the week.  Well, someone came out and fixed it today, but now no one's key will work in it.  Plus, even if you buzz someone to buzz you into the building, that doesn't work either!  There were about ten people waiting to get into the building when one guy finally called his wife to come to the lobby and physically open the door.  I had been planning on going back out, but changed my mind because I feared if I went out, I wouldn't be able to get back in!  Of course, the super was MIA during this whole debacle.  Oy!  I hope that problem gets fixed ASAP.

3.  Jack White: The ex-wife of Jack White (formerly of the White Stripes) filed a restraining order against him.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  There's a little crazy in every Detroiter.  And since Jack is a Detroiter, he's got the crazy in him, too.  (Fun fact: Jack and I went to the same high school, but not at the same time.  I'm a wee bit older than he is.)  If you're not a Detroiter but you're dealing with one, all you can do is hope he or she doesn't let the crazy out because it can be bad news for everyone involved.  The crazy can be suppressed, but it's always there.  As a Detroiter myself, I know this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment