Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blocking the Shot

After work today, I stopped by my friendly neighborhood Trader Joe's on Court and Atlantic Streets because my refrigerator was beginning to look like it was on display.  A commercial for Emblem Health Care was being filmed on the corner of Court and Bergen Streets.  On my way back to the subway from Trader Joe's, some lowly production assistant (PA) asked me and others to go around their shoot.  Now, had I been in a better mood, I probably would have complied, but I had cramps, I had frozen foods, and I was on the side of the street I needed to be on to catch the train back home.  Why should I cross the street, go out of my way, and then cross back just to appease Emblem Health Care?  These are public streets!  I have a right to walk where I please!  So, I ignored the PA and kept walking.  I could hear him yelling behind me, "Miss, you're blocking our shot!"  Whatever.  They should have filmed on a sound stage if they didn't want folks walking down the street blocking their shots.  And who films a commercial at 5:30 in the afternoon on a weekday?  Film your stuff when everyone's at work or early in the morning, not at the height of rush hour on a busy corner.  I have no sympathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment