Monday, July 8, 2013

Jackie Blue

I took a vacation from my day job to have some dental work done today.  Unfortunately, I needed a crown to replace a filling on top of a cracked tooth.  (This is what happens when you're old and your teeth start to fall apart!)  Anyway, my dentist is a fan of classic rock music and it's normally playing at the office when I go there.  It's a good thing I'm also a fan because I'm not exactly a fan of dental work and having someone drilling into my mouth for an hour.  Thankfully, the classic rock station was kicking out some good stuff this afternoon.  During my procedure, I heard "Sister Golden Hair" by America, "Dream On" by Aerosmith, and "Jackie Blue" by Ozark Mountain Daredevils.  (There were other songs also, but these three stuck with me.)  At one point during "Sister Golden Hair" the dentist, the technician, and I were all kind of bopping to the song while waiting for my teeth molding to dry.  But now, hours later, I can't get that freaking Jackie Blue song out of my head!  (Wooh ooh hoo Jackie Blue.  Lives her life from inside of a room...)  I didn't even realize a man was singing that song until I looked it up on Wikipedia.  I'd always thought it was a woman.  Go figure.  It's a great song, but do I want to be humming it for the rest of the day?  Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment