Friday, July 5, 2013

I'm So Excited (Yeah, Not Really)

I saw Pedro Almodovar's latest film I'm So Excited today and I really thought it was terrible.  I believe I've seen many of his films and enjoyed them, but this one was the worst.  Ridiculous (and not in a good way), disjointed, boring.  The trailer made it look fun and interesting, but it wasn't.  Blow job gags, people being drugged, and sex jokes just don't make a movie (at least not for me).  Nothing worked for me in this movie.  (Correction, I did like the colorful sets and costumes.)  Almodovar always seems to bring something different to each of his movies.  Volver, The Skin I Live In, and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown are examples of his work that really take moviegoers outside of the norm in a good way.  That's why I'm So Excited was such a disappointment to me, I guess.  My friend who saw the movie with me liked it and other people in the audience seemed to enjoy it, but I just found it tedious and unfunny.  At least the theater was air conditioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment