Thursday, April 28, 2016

Grinding

I grind my teeth and this results in TMJ-related problems that flare up every now and then, like having my jaw click painfully if I open my mouth too wide. I suffered through this jaw pain over the last few weeks. I could barely put a fork in my mouth (but maybe that was a good thing). And eating huge sandwiches like hamburgers was just out of the question. I had to either tear off tiny pieces to stuff in my mouth like a bird or just avoid these kinds of foods entirely. Just when I was starting to consider going with a largely liquid diet, the jaw problems subsided. Because of this, I was forced to dig out my old night guard, a bulky piece of plastic to put in my mouth at night to stop me from grinding my teeth. Bruxism is no joke. Every time mine flares up, I worry that one day it'll do me in for good and I won't be able to open my big mouth at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment