Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Beauty School Dropout

I'm sure I've mentioned before how I love the Grease soundtrack. For the past few weeks, I've had the song "Beauty School Dropout" in my head. "Beauty school dropout, go back to high school..." I finally itched that scratch and put the Grease CD in my car. (I moved over the weekend so my stuff has been in disarray.) But back to Grease. Beauty School Dropout is such a great song. I thought it was recorded by Frankie Valli, but Frankie Avalon sang it. (Too many Frankies!)  I also love the stuff by Sha Na Na on the soundtrack. When I was a child, my father used to force me and my sister to watch Hee Haw and Sha Na Na when these shows came on Saturday nights. (Yes, I'm showing my age.) The Hee Haw stuff didn't take, but I did enjoy the Sha Na Na music and their songs on the Grease soundtrack are excellent. "Hound Dog"? "Hand Jive"? "Those Magic Changes"? Great, greater, greatest!


No comments:

Post a Comment