Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Not Voting?

I read on the interwebs today that Anderson Cooper said during an interview on Howard Stern's show that he doesn't vote because he feels, as a reporter, that he shouldn't vote because, I guess, that would show bias towards one candidate over another. Say what? Dude, citizens of all professions vote and, if you're a good journalist, your voting record shouldn't impact your ability to interview and/or discuss candidates fairly. Sure, it's his choice not to vote, but his reason for not doing so seems ridiculous to me. I, for one, will be glad when these primaries are over and the conventions are done and we know who our presidential candidates will be. Of course then the political ads will be running 24/7. Oy! At least I've got a temporary break from them now since my state primary happened last month. I'd like to see all US states hold primaries on the same day so we could all get them over and done with in one fail swoop. Enough of this dragging out the delegate process for months and months. Just vote and/or caucus on one day, a candidate is selected from each party, and we can all move on to election day. Of course, that would mean we'd never really get a break from the political ads because once the candidates for each party were selected, the ads would start up all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment