Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Reading, Not Writing

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. I have three books going right now including a biography of Bob Marley since I'm still on his Bob Marley kick. Fun fact: according to the book, after Bob's daughter Cedella was born, he supposedly took her to get "baptized" into the Rastafarian faith and the Rasta minister blew ganja smoke in her face as part of the ceremony. Okay...The book is fascinating and I'm enjoying it. Unfortunately, my healthy reading schedule is getting in the way of my writing and I haven't been writing much lately. I have something I've been working on for a while, but I'm thinking about scrapping that entirely and working on something else. But I've got over 100 pages done. Still, for some reason, I can't seem to finish that puppy, so maybe I need to put it aside and try something new. I do have an idea for something new that came out of a writing workshop I did last year. I just need to sit down and actually WRITE. I really should just start blocking off time, especially on the weekends, to write. I have no excuse. (Sigh.)

In other news, I found a way to block any news stories that feature the words "Kardashian" and/or "Jenner" from my Google news feed. I knew there had to be a way. Too bad Google doesn't actually offer the blocking of terms themselves. I had search the internet but I found a non-Google source to do it, but I was sick and tired of seeing those names pop up every time I went to the Entertainment page. I have no interest in any members of that family and the media just seems obsessed with them. Every move they make seems to be reported on a daily basis. "This one went to Paris! That one was spotted at LAX!" Please. I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment