Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Who Does This?

I watched a man brushing his teeth in a water fountain at work today. A water fountain. Who does this? Don't most people brush their teeth in the bathroom? The whole situation was gross and I really should have said something to the guy when I saw him, but I didn't. I just gave him a look of disgust and kept going. (I doubt the look made any impact on him.) What is wrong with people? After witnessing the water fountain weirdo, I was talking to a coworker about it and we got into a conversation about the gross sanitary habits of some people in the workplace. When I worked in Philadelphia years ago, our receptionist was OCD and employees could often find her in the ladies' room scrubbing her hands furiously with the soap provided. She'd also turn on all of the sinks and keep a stack of hand towels placed for her use. If she wasn't washing her hands, she could also be found stuffing the toilets up by overfilling them with toilet paper. Everyone knew she did this, yet when confronted by HR, she denied she was the culprit. The sad thing is she was a very pleasant woman aside from her bathroom craziness. She was very friendly. Hell, she was the receptionist! Women (myself included) would walk into the ladies' room, see her at the sinks, and turn around and leave. You were better off going to another bathroom in the company when she was in there.

My coworker mentioned someone shitting on the floor at her old job and leaving the pile on a paper towel to make a "point" about the ladies' room not being cleaned often enough. (Apparently, this was a problem at her workplace.) Again, who does this? If you want to make a complaint, do it in writing. Don't take a dump on the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment