Thursday, March 3, 2016

Nina Simone

I've blogged before about Nina Simone, specifically about the recent documentary on her life What Happened, Miss Simone? that is excellent and highly recommended. Now that the Zoe Saldana movie is back on the front burner and due to be released soon, I'm putting my two cents in about that hot mess. First, when I saw recent pictures  of Zoe from the film, my first thought was that she looked like Robert Downey, Jr. from the film Tropic Thunder when his character is in blackface. I don't understand how Saldana could allow herself to be made up so freakishly. If the filmmakers wanted so desperately for her to star in this movie, okay, but did they have to make her look so awful? She's never going to look like Nina Simone, so why not just let her look as she does? Give her an Afro wig and call it a day. The way she looks is an embarrassment to all parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment