Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Happy Songs

Today was such a bad news day with the tragedy in Brussels. It's terrible to hear such awful news. And for me, personally, the awful day just went from bad to worse. On the way home from work, I had to put on some music to try and put myself in a better mood and, thankfully, I had two good CDs in the car to help with that: Happy Songs by Audra McDonald and Songs I Heard, by Harry Connick, Jr.

Happy Songs is not my favorite Audra CD (that would be How Glory Goes), but I do enjoy many of the tracks on it. When I saw her perform at Carnegie Hall a few years ago, her rendition of He Loves and She Loves brought tears to my eyes and even now when I hear the song on CD, I feel verklempt all over again.

Songs I Heard puts me in a happy mood because Harry sings a lot of songs I grew up hearing. His rendition of Candy Man/Pure Imagination is just wonderful. The same goes for The Merry Old Land of Oz and The Lonely Goatherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment