Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Who Let the Kids Out?

I read a story today about some kids acting terribly on the Philadelphia Market-Frankfort Line. There was video of about four or five kids (little kids, not teenagers) being belligerent and spitting on the train. Ugh. One of the local news stations had interviewed the parents of some of the kids and the mother and father both said they were embarrassed and were upset about the way their kids behaved. However, the father tried to justify his kids' behavior by claiming that since they were poor and growing up in a poor environment where, apparently, profanity is heard daily, then it was no surprise that his kids talked that way. (The father also blamed the person who videotaped the kids saying that rider was insulting his kids by calling them monkeys and other racially-charged names.) Kids shouldn't be cutting up on the train or the street or anywhere and they certainly shouldn't be spitting on people regardless of their home environment. If your kids can't behave themselves, then they don't need to be out in public. Seriously. Keep those kids at home! And if some jackhole calls your kids out of their name, the adult with them should deal with that. (There was an adult with the crazy kids in Philly who, apparently, did nothing during this entire debacle.) I can't stand to see kids going crazy in public and flopping is the worst. Oy! And kids do it because they know it's annoying. "Hey, Mom, I'm going to cry and fall out on the floor so everyone can look at me! Ha ha!" I don't even have any kids, but if I did and one flopped out on me at Target or the grocery store, I'd lose my shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment