Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Political Ads

Since Illinois is due to vote next week, our airwaves are being saturated with political ads. Two of the more annoying ones I've seen lately feature Hillary Clinton hugging an awful lot of black folks and Marco Rubio claiming NOT to be part of the Republican establishment. Uh, isn't he largely funded by the Republican establishment??? (And let me just add that Marco has a terrible voice. He should stick with voice-overs for future ads.) I'd like to say it'll be great when the primary is over so these ads can end, but we'll probably only get a short reprieve before they start up again once the primary voting for all of the states ends and the party candidates are selected. I have a feeling the race will be particularly dirty this year no matter who the candidates are. I can only imagine how awful the race will be if it's between Clinton and Trump or Clinton and (God help us) Cruz. (Go back to Canada and run for something there, Rafael!)

Before I log out, let me just say to Bernie Sanders: all black folks don't live in the ghetto, Bern! Maybe you ought to get out of Vermont more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment