Saturday, March 5, 2016

Everything That's Wrong with Hollywood

The new Ghostbusters movie and that hot mess of a Nina Simone movie signify everything that's wrong with Hollywood these days. First, did we really need a reboot of Ghostbusters? I don't think so. Are there any new stories to be told in film? Apparently not in the eyes of the Hollywood executives who keep giving the green light to one remake or superhero movie after another. Second, I've already blogged about the Zoe Saldana/Nina Simone movie so I won't rehash that argument except to say I don't understand how anyone in this day and age thought it would be a good idea to put Zoe in blackface. Unbelievable. Did the filmmakers really think there wouldn't be a backlash against this? I thought for sure the movie would either never get released or go straight to DVD. Hell, it's been on the shelf for four years. Why bother releasing it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment