Sunday, July 24, 2016

Toddler Flop

I'm back home from my trip and it's as hot and humid here in suburban Chicago as it was in New York. While I was waiting at my gate at Newark Airport yesterday morning, I watched a kid do a toddler flop right in front of the escalator. The kid wanted to ride the escalator but when his request was refused by his mother, he threw himself on the floor and started wailing (aka the toddler flop). Normally, I can't stand seeing kids flop out on their patents, but this time I found the whole scene hilarious and other people waiting at the gate were amused also. I did feel sort for the kid's parents. The mother had a baby in her arms and the father was forced to drag the kid up from the floor and away from the escalator so people could get by. The kid was probably cranky from having to get up and fly early and just had a meltdown as a result.

Anyway, here's another shot of Central Park that I took on Friday while I was there.


No comments:

Post a Comment