Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Swim, Swam, Swum

I had my last swimming lesson tonight. I feel like I learned a lot but can I swim? Not really. Can I save my life if I'm suddenly thrown into a pool of water? Possibly provided I remain calm. I do intend to take another slew of lessons maybe later this summer or in the fall. I do want to retain the little knowledge I did pick up in the classes this time around. I also want to be able to utilize the pool at the Y. I enjoyed being in the water and I'm not afraid of it. I'm just afraid of drowning. A lot of swimming for me is mind over matter. Once I can relax and concentrate on what I'm doing, I'm fine. Even when I panicked, I didn't go off the deep end (no pun intended) and freak totally out. Still, I wish I had learned to swim when I was a child. Watching the kids at the Y learning made me see just how fearless they are about jumping into the pool and learning to swim. Ah, youth. Another reason I have to continue swimming is because I bought two new bathing suits that I paid good money for. I searched, and found, some great "modest" one-piece suits for the "older" woman like myself. I don't exactly have the body of a supermodel, so I need a suit that works for me and, luckily, I found some under the Dolphin label that are great. I've got to get my money's worth out of these suits so onward and upward I'll go to the next phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment