Saturday, July 23, 2016

Outta Here

I'm heading home after my brief visit to New York. This was a good trip. I did everything I had planned. I didn't make it to Brooklyn and I wish I'd had time to do that. I need to come for a longer visit that isn't work-related so I have more time to hang out. People kept asking me if I was interested in coming back to New York to live here again and I told them if the circumstances were right, I might. But New York is just so expensive. When I was on the train coming into the city from Jersey, there was an advertisement in the Secaucus station about new apartments built there and the rents started "in the low $2,000s. For Secaucus? Huh? Ridiculous. When I lived in Brooklyn and worked in New York, I always feared that if I lost my day job, I wouldn't be able to pay my rent or anything beyond a month or two if I didn't get another job immediately. At least in Evanston, I feel like I could get by if, God forbid, I ended up unemployed. 

So, I'm bidding farewell to New York once again until my next visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment