Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bad Business

When I got home from my day job yesterday, I had received a letter in the mail and a check from my car insurer telling me my policy had been canceled and the check was a refund for the canceled policy. Huh? I didn't cancel my auto policy. It turns out my old policy was changed by the insurer (without my knowledge) to a different policy, yet I wasn't notified of this change. When I went to talk to the agent today and found out what had happened, I was livid. I told the guy, "This is a bad way to do business!" The guy didn't even seem to care. He was so blase about the whole thing and that just made me angrier than I already was. I'm seriously considering changing my insurer and going with someone else just because of this. I almost told the agent, "This is why people go to the gecko!" (meaning GEICO), but I didn't. My insurance carrier claims in their ads that they're on my side and they may be, but they're lousy communicators. Who makes a policy change and doesn't notify the policy holder? That's ridiculous.

There's one insurance company that I won't deal with at all because they totally tried to screw my family out of money after a claim. You pay your insurance faithfully and then when you file a claim in your time of need, they deny you. We had to hire an attorney and fight just to get what we were entitled to. Sad.

1 comment:

  1. Insurance companies and banks will be the ultimate undoing of the republic, them and pharmaceuticals!!!!

    ReplyDelete