Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl Sunday

This post isn't really about the Super Bowl or Sunday, but since it is Super Bowl Sunday, that's the title I went with. I didn't watch last night's millionth Republican debate (because, really, why bother?) but I did read about it and watch highlights earlier on the web. Governor Sandwiches (aka Chris Christie) really ate Marco Rubio's lunch for him, didn't he? Huh. I assume (I hope) after the New Hampshire primary, the Republican clown car will lose a few more riders. Super Tuesday can't get here soon enough. In other political news, I did catch Larry David doing his "Feel the Bern" rendition of Curb Your Enthusiasm last night on SNL. As a Curb fan, I really enjoyed it. They should have brought JB Smooth, Jeff Garlin, and Susie Essman on to play themselves in the skit. That would have been pretty, pretty, pretty good.

And, since I'm on a political kick today, I'm tired to Clinton and her cronies (I'm looking at you, Albright) saying again that women should support her because she's a woman. Please. I don't recall Obama saying black folks should support him because they're black. Shouldn't you vote for the candidate you feel will do the best job?

With all of the talk lately about how white the Oscars are, I'm a little surprised this is suddenly becoming an issue. Well, it's been an issue in the past, but are people really surprised that nothing has changed? How can things change when you have the same people making decisions in Hollywood about casting and which films get greenlighted (and which ones don't). White people often like to make and watch films about other white people. Is this new news? I don't think so. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the real diversity is coming on the small screen these days. Television and web-based shows seem to be a lot better in bringing diverse casts and varied story lines to audiences. Hollywood movie people are too focused on superhero and action movies (featuring mostly white guys saving the world) that will put overseas asses in the seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment