Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Patti Pie vs. Hattie Pie

I finally got a chance to try one of Patti LaBelle's sweet potato pies from Walmart (yes, Walmart) and, as a lover of sweet potato pie, I must say Patti's was pretty, pretty good. It's very sweet. Most sweet potato pies I've tasted from local grocery stores just aren't good and that's a shame. My grandmother Hattie used to make sweet potato pies regularly. I can't ever recall going to my grandparents' home in Alabama and not having sweet potato pie. Since my grandmother's passing, my father has taken over making pies and he does a great job, but his pies aren't Hattie's pies and Patti's pies aren't Hattie's pies. My father gave me a recipe for making the pies and I need to start making my own, but I don't enjoy cooking. However, at least I know I can get my sweet potato pie fix with a Patti pie now. It's not a Hattie pie, but it certainly fills the void.

No comments:

Post a Comment