Friday, August 11, 2017

Two Wild and Crazy Guys!

If Donny T. and his Korean counterpart, Coo-Coo Kim, don't get us all nuked, I'm hoping for a relatively quiet weekend. (Two wild and crazy guys indeed!) I'm currently reading Less by Andrew Sean Greer and it's so great, I hate to put it down to actually do, you know, work. Once I finish it, I'll do a blog post about it. I also need to get back to some writing myself. I'm not working on anything right now and I really should be. I get a little antsy when I'm not working on something. Maybe I'll go back to the manuscript I put down last year before I turned my attention to Fluidity. I don't know yet if the manuscript is salvageable, but if I can't save all of it, I'm sure I can save some of it. I think it just needs a different story line.

Later this month, I'm taking a trip to Washington, DC. (No, I will NOT be stopping by the White House to see Donny T. and the Funky Bunch and I wish people would stop asking me if I'm going there when I tell them I'm going to our nation's capital.) I am looking forward to visiting the African American Museum and the Lincoln Monument. I haven't been to DC in many years and every time I go, I see something new. The last time I was there, I was impressed that so many people there seemed to actually dress for work. No business casual stuff for these folks. I guess when you work for the government (or a government-related entity), you can't slouch with khakis and dark jeans. Back in the olden days when I was a secretary, I had to wear business attire. Before my current day job changed their clothing policy (and while I worked in New York), I also paid more attention to (and spent more money on) my work attire. Those days are over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment