Friday, August 18, 2017

Weekly Wrap-Up

Well, one less clown for the car. Donny T's Funky Bunch loses a member. I highly doubt the latest dismissal will change much because the problems start and end with the grifter in charge. As I've watched the on-going outrage following Charlottesville, I have to shake my head at people like Murdoch's son who gets on the bandwagon to condemn white supremacists and the Klan while the company he owns and supports spouts racist and bigoted content every freaking day on Fox News. Give me a break. How about stopping the hate that comes from your own organization and donating some of that blood money to a group that helps racial minorities or LGBT groups, James?

I've heard and read that a huge free speech rally is scheduled to happen tomorrow in Boston. The hate groups should feel right at home there. As someone who was called a nigger during a visit to Boston in the 1990's, there is no love lost between me and that city. While I certainly hope no one is injured or killed at tomorrow's rally, I'm not going to waste my mental energy on worrying about that city and its woes. I've got enough problems to worry about already.

Do I sound angry? I am. It's hard not to be annoyed, angry, disgusted, whatever with the state of the world right now, but I'm trying (really, I am) to read some good news and appreciate when good things happen to good people these days. At least the coming eclipse gives people something else to think and talk about that isn't related to Donny T. or terrorism or hate groups or anything else that's terrible. Yea, eclipse!


No comments:

Post a Comment