Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Post-Eclipse Disappointment

Well, after seeing people unified around yesterday's eclipse, we're back to back to being angry, divided, annoyed, disappointed, whatever. The skies where I work and live didn't go totally black because I don't live in an area where the eclipse could be seen clearly, but I did still get to see a crescent shape of the moon during my lunch break and that was cool. I didn't have any eclipse glasses, so I just peeked at the sun through the blinds in my office. (I hope my retinas aren't damaged for the rest of my years.) It was nice to see the news diverted from Donny T. for a while (although that didn't last for long). I remember being in school during the last full eclipse back in 1979. Well, I don't actually remember the 1979 eclipse, but I remember making an eclipse-viewer in school with a box. As I watched news reports about this year's eclipse, I saw many reports that showed kids in school doing the same thing. It's hard to believe that 38 years later, kids are still making eclipse viewers with shoe boxes.

I took this picture while I was downtown over the weekend. It has nothing to do with the eclipse, but I figured I'd throw it in anyway because the giant deer looks creepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment