Thursday, January 5, 2017

Inspirational Music

I wrote a blog post Tuesday about Holy Rollers, the overly-religious who are quick to criticize others about their so-called sins often ignoring their own shortfalls. Now I'm not a person who doesn't believe in getting through life without having some kind of faith, I just hate all of hypocrisy some people exhibit when they consider themselves "saved." Although I haven't been a regular church-goer for some time, I do miss it and I find myself turning to religious music to fill the void. There are some great inspirational songs out now and a lot of the modern gospel music I've heard is very uplifting without being overly preachy and I, for one, appreciate that. Whenever the Christmas holidays come around (and Easter also), I enjoy listening to the religious music of my youth. It's comforting to me and, God knows, in this day and age, a lot of us could use some comfort in our lives. Personally, I'm just trying to get myself mentally ready for the Trumpocalypse that's coming in the next few weeks. Jesus, take the wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment