Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Holy Rollers

I've been reading about the latest controversy involving a gospel singer who was supposed to appear on the Ellen show this week, but now won't be appearing after her fiery anti-gay and lesbian sermon went viral. The singer gave a typical response after the whole thing blew up on the internet and basically gave one of those "love the sinner, hate the sin" spiels. What I can't figure out is why she even agreed to go on Ellen's show when she knew Ellen is an open lesbian. I suspect she didn't expect anyone to find out about her anti-gay views and just wanted the publicity and the huge audience Ellen's show could offer her. How Christian is that? Not very! What kills me about Holy Rollers is that they're always picking and choosing parts of the Bible to throw in someone's face. Leviticus! Acts! Why single out one Biblical passage to condemn homosexuality but ignore the others that preach against gluttony, adultery, eating certain foods, etc? Holy Rollers also love to point out other people's perceived sins while ignoring their own. Sure, most will claim they've been "saved" from a life of sin, but many are still backsliding and they know it. These same folks would deny a marriage license to a gay couple while they're on their third or fourth marriage. (I'm looking at you, Kentucky Kim.) I know Holy Rollers. I have some in my family and I've had some as friends. I try to avoid them when they start proselytizing because I know far too many of these folks don't want to hear any difference of opinion when it comes to what they believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment