Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Bob vs Bruce

As a Michigander, I'm a huge fan of Bob Seger and as I was listening to "Shame on the Moon" during my drive home from work yesterday, I thought about how truly underrated Seger is especially when compared to Bruce Springsteen. Now, nothing against Bruce, but Bob's music just speaks to me. I've said before that maybe you need to be from Jersey or Philly to be a true Bruce fan. Seger has so many great songs and he really should have been a bigger deal than he is. And the song he's most famous for ("Old Time Rock and Roll") isn't exactly his best work, in my opinion, but I tend not to like songs that were played too much on the radio. (I'm looking at you "Piano Man.") I used to work with a woman in Philly who was a huge Springsteen fan and I just didn't get it. Again, maybe the music just isn't for me to get. I should have suggested she try some Seger.

No comments:

Post a Comment