Thursday, January 12, 2017

Spokesman?

I'm so tired of seeing commercials on television with creepy spokesmen. From the disheveled Trivago guy to the bearded True Car guy, these spokesmen just don't look ready for prime time. What happened to putting appealing people in commercials? Folks who are pleasing to the eye? I guess those days are over. I could see if these spokesmen were real customers of the companies they're representing, but they aren't. These are hired spokesmen which makes me wonder exactly who hired them. I understand the trend to have people who don't look like models and movie stars in commercials so the general public will view them as trustworthy and real. But being "real" and being "creepy" are two very different things.

In a slightly unrelated note, our incoming government spokesman, the HJIC (Head Joker/Jackal in Charge), is a walking, talking, one-man freak show. Just when I think things can't get any worse, they do! Almost every day, there's more shenanigans with this guy and he hasn't even been sworn into office yet. It's like a never-ending nightmare. Has the zombie apocalypse started yet? I'd better stock up on canned goods and candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment