Thursday, January 19, 2017

Worried? Of Course I Am!

I am trying to be calm and enjoy the last night before the Trumpocalypse begins tomorrow. (Are you well-stocked for canned goods? How's your water supply?) I kid, but I'm also serious. Changes are coming and I fear they'll be terrible for a lot of people (myself included). How can someone nominate (with a straight face) a woman to be Secretary of Education who has never attended public schools herself nor have her own children ever attended public schools? I find this just ridiculous but I find so many things ridiculous about the incoming administration that Betsy's nomination is just one more item to add to the growing list of bad decisions made by these people. I said when 2017 started that I was going to try to maintain a positive outlook and I'm trying to do that, but I'm still worried about the future. But my worries won't keep me from doing what I can to fight against Don the Con and his minions. I'll continue my volunteer work helping those less fortunate than myself, giving financially to organizations that need help, and writing stories about people who are underserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment