Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Leslie Odom, Jr.





I admit, I'm late to the game in appreciating the vocal talent of Leslie Odom, Jr. Since I'm not a fan of the Hamilton soundtrack (clutch the pearls), I wasn't hip to Mr. Odom through the hip hop historical musical. However, I got on the Odom train after seeing his commercial for Nationwide Insurance around the holidays. What a wonderful voice this man has! I like his version of The Guilty Ones also. I have been a huge fan of this song from the Spring Awakening soundtrack for some time, but Odom's version puts a different spin on it that I equally enjoy. Speaking of Spring Awakening, I could kick myself for not seeing this musical when it was initially on Broadway. I remember reading a description of the play and thinking, I don't want to see that. Stupid me. I should have gone to see it. But I digress. I'm always looking for soothing music to listen to while I work and write and Odom is filling that bill right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment