Monday, November 21, 2016

Yeah!

With all of the gloom and doom following the election, I've been trying to find some good news in the middle of all of the chaos and I have managed to find some. I watched the BET program "Love and Happiness, an Obama Celebration" over the weekend and enjoyed the show. It was nice to see Obama's presidency celebrated rather than criticized, as it so often is. I didn't always agree with everything Obama did while in office, but I do think he did a good job overall. The highlight of the BET show for me was Usher's rendition of "Yeah!" I thought it was great. I like that song anyway, but I thought he did an excellent job with it on the Obama Celebration. I like Usher (in spite of his hand in making Justin Bieber a household name). His song "No Limit" is currently in heavy rotation on my iPhone along with "Walk on By" by Isaac Hayes (the version from the film Dead Presidents). You haven't heard "Walk on By" until you've heard it performed by Isaac Hayes. It puts all other versions to shame.


No comments:

Post a Comment