Thursday, November 10, 2016

This Is What Democracy Looks Like, Folks

Are you all cried out over the presidential election results? Have you gone through the various stages of grief? Have you reached the acceptance stage yet or do you need more time? Whether we like it or not, this is what democracy looks like, folks. Sometimes your candidate wins, and sometimes your candidate loses. What I can't understand are the huge numbers of people protesting. What, exactly, do they want to happen? Do they expect Trump to step down? Dream on, dreamers! When I was at my swimming lesson (again) Tuesday night, one of the instructors (a young white guy) told me and my instructor that he was scared about the election. Scared? Don the Grabber doesn't scare me (although creepy preacher Pence does). We can't curl into a fetal position and cry ourselves to sleep each night over the election results. We have to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and get back to work fighting the good fight. But, hey, I'm a minority. I'm accustomed to dealing with disappointments in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment